Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Distributed Systems Engineer at Baton, you will be responsible for leading the development of core ledger components like a multi tenant, distributed replication, fault tolerance, core ledger and scalability. You will also need to integrate with the distributed existing storage engines, notification frameworks and message bus etc. Our technology stack includes : Java, Play, RDS, ELK and Kafka. The infrastructure works in a hybrid cloud environment. So knowledge of cloud infrastructure such as VPC, auto-scale, microservices is also helpful.
Think you might be our Senior Distributed Systems Engineer? You bring to the table…
- 8+ years of Java development of mission critical systems. Including server side development and knowledge of core Java.
- Expertise in modern database/storage technologies including RDMBS/RDS /NoSQL DB
- Expertise with distributed systems and design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance
- BS/MS/PhD (CS or related major preferred)
Successful Senior Engineers at Baton will…
- Be leaders who can motivate themselves and a team around them to excel and perform well
- Hire only the best, push themselves and others to excellence while still having fun
- Be result oriented and extremely driven to the success of the customer and the team
- Realize in a startup the journey is an important as the destination. Ability to enjoy the journey is important
About Baton Systems
Baton Systems is a leading silicon valley FinTech company that is building the next generation solutions for Capital Markets. Baton builds a SaaS based platform for clearing, settlement and back office solutions.
About Baton People
We are on a mission to change how money moves in capital markets. We have very seasoned and successful team that has worked on several successful startups before.
We are looking for seasoned engineering professionals who are highly technical and can grow a team of up to 15 people over the next 18 months. It is important at this early stage that the person be very hands on and can implement complex replication and distributed system protocols.